Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Day of School

This past Monday was the girls' first day of school.  Kaylie is in 4th grade this year and Reese is in 2nd.  So hard to believe!  Both of them seem to have really great teachers this year for which I am thankful.  We also have the added blessing of having one of our good friends as principle this year. The first day of school Megan (the principle) went to both of their classes just to check on them, give them hugs and see how they were doing. She told me several times that she will take good care of my babies.  I have no doubt that she will do just that.  I am really looking forward to this year!  Oh and I have to mention that Kaylie is now on the other side of the school which is the "big kid" side. This is where the 4th, 5th and 6th graders are.  Something new for her this year is what they call rotations.  Every day she goes to 3 different classrooms for different subjects.  One teacher teaches handwriting/ grammar. Another one teaches Math/Science. The last teacher teaches Reading/ Social Studies. This is all to prepare her for middle school which is, hard to believe, only 3 years away! Time slow down!! 
Walking into school with their new Texas Rangers backpacks.

Reese wasn't very happy when we left but she said she had a great day.
Don't worry Mason, you will be walking these halls soon enough!






3 comments:

Gma said...

Time is passing too fast. We had better enjoy it. Glad Reese was ok.
PS. I caught a glimpse of your mom in you in the pic with Reese. Never saw that before!

Emily said...

Michelle, you look EXACTLY like your mom in these photos! I thought it was her and had to really look closely before I realized it was you. Crazy!

Heather said...

It's so funny that everyone is seeing Mom in these pics, Chel....cause I see it too! Especially in the close up of you and Reese. The girls are getting so big :(