Monday, August 27, 2012

The West End and a Trolley Ride

After a summer of hospitals, doctor's visits and being home bound for some time I felt like I had deprived my kids of summer fun.  So these last few weeks we have been trying to cram as many activities in we can.  Last week was our final fun day and we spent it exploring downtown Dallas.  We took the train down to the historic West End where we walked around and had lunch.  After lunch we took the old Trolley from downtown to uptown and back again. I think all the kids had fun on that one.  We got to see parts of Dallas that we had never seen before.  Our next stop was supposed to be the Arts District to check out the sculptures and play in the water feature but unfortunately our day was cut short when my shoe broke.  When that happened we decided to head back on the train and go home.  We will make it down to the Arts District again at some point I am sure. 
On the Dart train
Lunch
The Trolley
Pose!
Original doors
Hold on Kaylie!
Someone was more content to play on my phone.
Reese's self portrait
Reese took this while walking around downtown.

1 comment:

Gma said...

Ok, I'm adding riding the Dart and the trolley to my list of things to do when I come visit:)