Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had such an enjoyable Thanksgiving this year! Ryan's dad and step-mom came down from Kansas along with his mom and his brother, Matt, and his family. This was the first time that I made a full blown Thanksgiving day meal and I was so nervous. But honestly, once I got going, it was pretty easy and enjoyable. The menu included Turkey (which I brinned overnight), homemade green bean casserole (no cans for this lady!), corn casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, roasted asparagus, deviled eggs, homemade cranberry sauce, and rolls. It was delicious and based on all of the compliments I received, I think everyone else enjoyed it as well. The best part of the day was just spending some much needed time with family and just loving life and being grateful for all of our blessings. It made me miss my family terribly and I hope they know how much I love them! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

I just could not narrow the pictures down so this is a photo overload post!Checking out the turkey.Grandma Pam teaching the girls how to make oreo turkeys."This is how you ride a scooter Eden."Gma and Kaylie girl.Mason being...well....Mason.I adore this picture!The boys minus Ike who was trying to sleep. Can you tell that Mason loves being upside down? :)Mike carving.While his boys looks on.

4 comments:

Emily said...

You did a great job with the food and the pics are so cute!!! I will have to steal some of them from this post!

Lisa said...

Wow, very impressed! I don't think I will ever be able to tackle the Thanksgiving meal. Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Precious family pics!!!

Gma said...

Yeah, that was one of the best Tdays ever! The food was great and there was so much of it! Love it, love it, LOVE IT!