Realizing that we had no real fun plans for Spring Break last week I asked the girls where they would like to go or do. The first word out of there mouths was "Kansas!" They really love their grandparents and wanted to see them and their cousins. Even though Ryan couldn't take off work I decided to take them up there anyway. We got up there Wednesday afternoon and the rest of the day was a day filled with fun with Papa, surprising Gma and Grammy Deane, staying up way too late because we were having too much fun, and then bedtime.
On Thursday we relaxed, visited, and just plain enjoyed being around family. We went to the park with Nana and then we were surprised when Grandpa passed by and joined us. We had an late afternoon visit with Gma, Emily, Eden and Ike before heading over to my sisters for dinner and the Shocker game. I forgot how well her kids and my kids play together and I know they miss eachother.
Friday was fun filled as well with a visit to Grandpa and Grandma's followed by Nana taking all of the grandkids to see the Lorax movie. Bless her heart is all I have got to say! My parents also put me to work (I didn't put up much of a fuss because I love it) painting their hallway. They took care of the kids while I enjoyed some time painting and talking to my dad. Speaking of my dad, he had a stroke last month and has recovered miraculously! I loved all the time I was able to spend with him and my mom and cherished every minute. We spent the last few hours of Friday with Gma and then headed home early to get the kids in bed for our long drive home the next day.
Saturday morning we woke up, had breakfast with Grandpa and Grandma and then headed home to see daddy! We had such a wonderful time and this was the first time that I actually wanted to stay longer. Maybe this summer we can have an extra long vacation up there.
I decided not to break this post into pieces so enjoy the many pictures :). 

















4 comments:
Family time is so great! I love going to visit my family!
Aw, cute pic of all the kids with your dad. Heather's kids are so grown up. And Reese is so cute giggling with Cole!
We had such fun. I was totally surprised. I am all for you guys come for your summer vaca in Wichita sometime;)
Looks like they had tons of fun!!!
Post a Comment